Published on Oct 22, 2016

A mosquito-born virus named Mayaro that experts fear may have as big a global health impact as Zika, has been discovered in Haiti.

On January 8, 2015, an 8-year-old boy went to the school clinic for fever and abdominal pain and was diagnosed typhoid. After checking his blood sample, it was found that he had been infected with Mayaro virus.

Mayaro virus is a single-stranded positive RNA virus, mainly transmitted by Haemagogus mosquitoes, but Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, known carrier of Zika virus, may also be vectors. Symptoms of mayaro includes abdominal pain and joint pain, which can last for as long as a year.

The virus was first discovered in Trinidad in 1954. It was then spread to French Guiana, Suriname, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia and Brazil.

Little is known about the Mayaro virus at the moment. Doctors in Florida warn that the virus may pose future threats.

RUNDOWN SHOWS:
1. Mayaro virus transmitted from mosquito to a medical body
2. Depiction of abdominal pain and joint pain; Depiction of joint pain lasts for a year
3. Countries with the virus

VOICEOVER (in English): 
“The Mayaro virus is a single-stranded positive RNA virus, mainly transmitted by mosquitos.”

“Symptoms of Mayaro includes abdominal and joint pain, which can last for as long as a year.”

“The virus was first discovered in Trinidad in 1954. It then spread to French Guiana, Suriname, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia and Brazil. Last year, it was discovered in Haiti.”

SOURCES: CDC, US News, Fusion
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/22/1...
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/19/1...
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2...
http://fusion.net/story/348905/is-may...

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Tomorrow is my 79 birthday, it is also Hillary Clinton's. I did hear what age but with my IDC it does not matter. We currently have a new media subject on Canada. A nurse in Woodstock Ontario has been accused of murdering 8 people were she worked in a senior;s rest home. All but one were in their 80s and 90s and the dumb police do not know why. I say dumb police but it is possible she had sent many many more on their final trip to the next.... And they don't yet know. Or even
suspect how wide spread the ..... is in nursing homes....
I truely believe it was a nice white pillow that caused the ending for my own mother's suffering at 82 several years ago in a care home in Wisconsin.
I am now unemployed and funds are small so I may not be able to afford the Internet and mu WiFi for much longer but will keep them as long as I can.
Keep up the good work Jen and Joy and ........, America will need it more than ever after Nov. 11 and January 16th. 2017.

I will never take into my body anything a Doctor or the Government tells me I need to do. Never.

Hi Larry and happy birthday to you!  I wouldn't worry about the other's age either. (green gagging smiley)

It's taken a while to reach Canada then..  sadly, they've been doing that here for a long time.  Here it is suspected that the Hospice Centers have the Morphine pumps handy within days of when you get admitted and you go to a permanent sleep shortly after :-(

Our Mom's are in a better place... as we will be too.

RSS

ABOUT

TPS was created in 2011, in time for our first 9/11 Truth Marathon.  Many thanks to Jim and SkyBlueEyes for helping with the background design and layout and Sky, BP, IC Freedom and others for all the hours spent in the Conference room for our Popcorn & Movie Topic Nights.

You'll find the information and documentary studies in our  Popcorn & Movie Topic Night Archives

Need Site HELP? Click the Button!

Now sharing convenient ways to shop from several countries. Click the graphic below:

If you are on a Site page and see GREEN words it's probably a link ;-)  If you'd like additional help posting on site click the HELP button below.

Link too long?  Tiny it here 

Blog Posts

TEETERING ON THE EDGE

Posted by Sojourner on June 10, 2017 at 12:02pm 0 Comments

New and Not So New, News 2/14/2017

Posted by Sojourner on February 13, 2017 at 9:00pm 0 Comments

© 2017   Created by ThePeriledSea.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service